Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Dress

Have you ever been in a situation when sudden panic hits and you feel claustrophobic? I experienced this over the weekend. In a dressing room, in fact. I was having a girls night with my best friend and we decided to hit up the mall. We ventured into H & M, which is one of my most favorite stores and they were having a sale. Even better. I happened to see a dress I've had my eye on for awhile and was super happy to find it part of the sale. I love a good bargain! We were in a bit of a hurry, the store was getting ready to close but I knew I needed to try this dress on because H & M's sizes are so weird. Deana (my best friend) had already tried her clothes on and was headed to the line, which was already pretty long. I jumped inside the dressing room and slipped the dress on. It fit perfect. Done deal. As I went to take the dress off, it got stuck around my shoulders. I tugged and nothing. I tugged again. Nothing. "Hmmm. The dress fits, I had no trouble getting it ON. What's the deal? ". I tried again and nothing. I lowered the dress down, trying to figure out what was wrong. Again, I tried to get it off. It was stuck. I tried not to panic but there was no point. I started thinking of the worse scenarios. I'm going to have to be cut out of this dress. What if I tug it off and it gets stuck around my head and suffocates me? I could just hear the staff's conversation tomorrow, "Oh my God. You will not believe this. This girl came in last night and tried on this dress that she thought fit her but it didn't and she couldn't get it off. We had to cut it off of  her.". I quickly text Deana and waited. And waited. Finally, I called her only to get her voicemail, at which I remembered her phone was dead. I was faced with three options. One, ask the dressing room attendant, which happened to be a guy, to help me get it off and let's be honest, that would be so awkward but a very good conversation piece. Two, I could just yank it off, probably ripping it or as mentioned before, I might suffocate to death. Or three, I could go get my best friend and have her help me. I decided the logical option would be the latter. Poor Deana. I yanked her from the line, trying to get back to my dressing room before someone robbed me, where my handbag was at. Deana had no mercy. She was laughing so hard, which made me start laughing and I'm sure the guy outside was wondering why two females were stuck in a tiny dressing room, laughing, followed with "Ok, pull." and "IT'S STUCK!". The good news? We got the dress off. The bad news? I bought the next size up and tried it on, once we got back to the house, only to get the other one stuck. Yes, it happened again. Only this time, Deana would not help me. She made me get it off myself, telling me I had to learn how to get the dress off, because I may not have any assistance the next time I wore it. As I stumbled, panicked and struggled, my dear friend went to grab her camera. I was helpless. Stuck in a dress, trying to get it off without ripping it and she was snapping pictures.

This is the only decent one I could post.

I finally got it off! I was so confused because the dress fit perfectly but was such a pain to get off. I think someone needs to consult with H & M's design team, regarding this issue. I kept the dress and wore it to church on Sunday. Bold move, right?



All during service and eating dinner afterwards, all I could think about was, "I have to somehow, get this dress off when I get home.". I will not lie, I was in a state of panic all day. I guess I worried for nothing and my persistence paid off. Or I worried myself so much, I lost a couple inches, because I had no trouble getting it off when I got home.  If at first you don't succeed, try again or rip a perfectly beautiful dress. 


Cheers!

Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment